How can I receive assistance?
Approved Referring Agencies include:
- Greenwich Department of Human Services
- Greenwich, Stamford & Port Chester Public Schools
- Stamford or Port Chester Family Centers (schools, RITE program, Health Center)
- Head Start preschool programs
- State social service agencies, Housing Authorities & WIC
- CCI, Greenwich
- Boys & Girls Club, Greenwich
- Building One Community
- Person to Person
- Houses of worship may make referrals to our Clothing Room
(1) The Referring Agency should verify the information on the form, complete the form and send it by fax to Neighbor to Neighbor at 203-618-0062.
(2) Please contact Neighbor to Neighbor to make the first appointment for Clothing Room clients. Food Pantry clients do not need an appointment and may visit the pantry up to once per week.
(3) Clients in need of food who sign a HUD Self-Declaratory Form are not required to provide proof of income. Please fax the Self Declaratory Form to Neighbor with the Referral Form.
We offer a weekly “client choice” food pantry, designed to resemble a small grocery store. You select your own food from a healthy array of protein, fruits, vegetables, grains, cereal, eggs, and milk. We often have a selection of fresh pastries and seasonal items. We aim to provide healthy food that accommodates cultural, religious, personal and dietary preferences, and helps you make ends meet. Our pantry accommodates vegetarian and diabetic diets. Please inquire about kosher or gluten-free diets.
Neighbor to Neighbor offers three types of food assistance:
Supplemental Food: Greenwich residents who meet our income guidelines may receive three days’ worth of food for each member of the family each week at no cost. The amount of food each family receives is based on the size of the family.
Summer Supplement: School-aged students who qualify for Supplemental Food receive additional breakfast and lunch foods during the summer months.
Emergency Food: One time emergency food is available to residents of Stamford and Port Chester who meet our income guidelines at the request of a social worker.
Neighbor to Neighbor offers new and gently-used in-season clothing, sheets, towels, blankets, diapers, children’s books, and small household items free of charge to income-eligible residents of Greenwich, Stamford and Port Chester (NY). Clients may visit our clothing room by appointment every other month, up to six times per year.
Make a Referral
If you are interested in becoming a referring agency, see our Referring Agency Policy. Contact our Client Coordinator at 203-622-9208 after reviewing our simple referral guidelines.
All clients must be referred by an approved Referring Agency. Prior to making a referral, a Referring Agency is asked to determine a family’s eligibility to receive assistance by verifying their income and town of residence. To become a Referring Agency, please contact Interim Executive Director Mary Beth Minton at 203-622-9208 or email@example.com.