Communications & Public Relations Coordinator
Neighbor to Neighbor is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of residents in need throughout the Greenwich area and strengthen our community by creating access to nutritious food, quality clothing and basic living essentials in an atmosphere of kindness and respect. We operate a food pantry providing food for 750 Greenwich families to prepare 360,000 meals annually. We operate a clothing room providing clothing, linens and small household items to 3,000 residents of Greenwich, Stamford and Port Chester. Everything provided to our clients is at no cost to them and is designed to alleviate the negative effects of poverty and provide opportunities for low income people to rebuild their lives.
At Neighbor to Neighbor, we are:
Welcoming: We respect the dignity of every human being and endeavor to create a positive environment for our community of clients, donors, volunteers and staff.
Responsive: We strive to deliver the highest quality services in a professional manner.
Collaborative: We recognize we can’t do it alone and value all our relationships and community partnerships.
Accountable: We serve as wise stewards of our human, material and financial resources.
The Communications & Marketing Coordinator (CMC) is a newly created position reporting to the Executive Director. The CMC will be responsible for all aspects of the organizations communications & marketing, designed to deepen relationships with existing stakeholders, engage the community in the mission of the organization and introduce Neighbor to Neighbor to new supporters, volunteers, donors and clients. Specific responsibilities include:
- Strengthen the brand messaging and community awareness of the organization, its mission and its impact;
- Expand the organization’s social media reach by generating compelling, engaging and appropriate social media content, and identifying existing public content generated by thought leaders and of interest to Neighbor stakeholders to share and re-post;
- Attend media-worthy events to collect and record original content, including photography, according to an event calendar established by Neighbor to Neighbor;
- Create insightful and engaging media campaigns geared toward multiple audiences, including volunteers, clients and supporters;
- Prepare annual reports, newsletters, brochures and printed materials;
- Generate press releases and build relationships with local media outlets;
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in public relations and marketing, preferably within the nonprofit sector. She/he will have the following characteristics:
- Proficiency in social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Instagram as well as Constant Contact;
- Photography and graphic design skills;
- Maturity and sound judgement;
- Commitment to the mission and vision;
- Willingness and ability to act as part of a diverse team;
- Flexibility, creativity, sense of humor and ability to work independently.
Hours and conditions
6 - 8 hours per week, some Saturdays;
Flexible on-site and remote work capabilities required.
Proximity to Greenwich desirable.
Hourly rate: $25 – 35 depending on experience.
Please direct inquiries, and resume and cover letter to:
Nancy Coughlin, Executive Director
Neighbor to Neighbor
248 East Putnam Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830 203-622-9208 ext. 11
Driver/Food Pantry Coordinator
Neighbor to Neighbor improves the lives of residents in need throughout the Greenwich area and strengthens communities by creating access to food, clothing and basic living essentials in an atmosphere of kindness and respect. We are a small nonprofit organization with five full-time and one part-time staff and over 250 dedicated volunteers. We are seeking a friendly, responsible and hard-working Driver/Food Pantry Coordinator starting immediately.
General areas of responsibility include:
- Picking up food and clothing donations and food purchases using the Neighbor to Neighbor van from grocery stores, the food bank, local churches, schools, businesses and civic organizations
- Loading/unloading van, stocking shelves, maintaining a clean and orderly work environment;
- Supervising food pantry volunteers, including student volunteers;
- Monitoring safety and health regulatory compliance and paperwork;
- Assisting with facilities maintenance, errands and additional duties as needed;
- Representing Neighbor to Neighbor to the clients, community, donors, volunteers and staff in a friendly, professional, positive manner.
- Excellent driving record and in possession of valid US driver’s license (CDL not required);
- Capable of repeated heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), bending, twisting, and reaching above shoulders;
- Reliable, punctual, self-starter with excellent organization skills and ability to work unsupervised;
- Positive attitude, flexibility, sense of humor and ability to work with volunteers and as part of a team;
- Professional and friendly when dealing with donors, colleagues, volunteers and clients;
- Neat in personal appearance;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Connection to/commitment to the mission;
- Spanish speaking ability a strong plus.
This position reports to the Operations Coordinator. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Monday – Saturday and 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. Thursdays (33 hrs/wk). Rate of pay is $20/hour with generous paid vacation time.
Please send cover letter and resume to Nancy Coughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: 203-618-0062.
Neighbor to Neighbor is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health and alleviating the negative effects of poverty by providing for the exchange of food, clothing and basic living essentials in an atmosphere of kindness and respect. We are an equal opportunity provider and employer.